Mechanics advice: Air con systems ‘Use it or lose it!’ The theory is if you don’t use your air con over a period of time (e.g. winter) the seals in the compressor will dry causing leakage of refrigerant gas.
Most people see air con as just cold air however there are 2 other benefits as well that are often overlooked.
1The air conditioned air is ‘dry’, removing moisture from the vehicle’s cabin reducing condensation.
2It removes dust particles from the air – which reduces allergy problem
Complete air conditioning service
Special prices start from £35, £70 service includes FOC £15 interior air con cleaner (which eliminates bacteria and viruses from all air conditioning systems).
- The most extensive Air-Conditioning service available - the only product to include Service, Re-Gas and Clean
- Removes harmful bacteria and unpleasant smells caused by bacteria, mould and fungi
- Improves efficiency which could save fuel
- Eliminates allergic reactions such as hayfever
- Deodorises, bringing back the ‘new car smell’
To run efficiently the air-conditioning system needs periodic maintenance and servicing, in order to keep it running at optimum levels. What’s more, an air-conditioning system that does not have the correct level of gas has to work harder, in turn putting strain on the engine and using more fuel.
MPC offers an air-conditioning service available at the workshop which includes:
- System pressure and vent temperature checks
- Comparisons to recommended levels
- Full visual inspection
- Recovery of refrigerant
- Evacuation of air and moisture from the system
- Leak test
- Recharging to recommended levels, adding fresh system oil if necessary
- Air-conditioning cleaner to remove bacterial build up and any unpleasant smells
Whilst doing the above test we will also be able to determine if the air conditioning system is working properly or requires further tests for leaks and damage to other components in in the system.